- Was the reshaping of the West beneficial for all Americans?
- Was the growth of industry beneficial to all Americans?
- How democratic was America at the turn of the century?
- At the turn of the century, were American cities full of “light” or full of “shame”?
- Should the United States open its “golden door” to anyone and everyone?
- To what extent did America approach the sentiment that “all men and women are created equal”?
- To what extent is America at the turn of the twentieth century (then) similar to the turn of the twenty-first century (now)?
- How does the literature of the time act as a mirror and a window into the turn of the twentieth century?
The Voices of the West
The Voices of Women
The Voices of Cities