Learning Targets for Reading:
- I can closely read and analyze primary source documents.
- I can identify, analyze and discuss Notice and Note Nonfiction signposts in texts.
- I can draw evidence and examples from a text that most strongly support my summary, analysis, ideas, opinions, and/or reflection about it.
Learning Targets for Writing:
- I can compose a clear, concise claim (a.k.a. thesis statement) that identifies my main, central argument.
- I can support my claim with evidence and examples.
- I can explain my evidence with sound reasoning that demonstrates how it supports my claim.
- I can write with an academic voice, which is more formal and less conversational.
- I can accurately cite the sources of my evidence.
- I can communicate my ideas and opinions clearly and properly with solid conventions.
- I can follow all instructions provided. Note: This score is either a 0 or a 3 and cannot be reassessed.
Find all of the documents on GoogleClassroom.
If you find the buckets, chickenfoot, and outline helpful, please use them! Find and use the writing tools that work best for YOU.