Yes, we’re home today, but we do have work to do!
1. Hang with the fam. Like, actually leave your bedroom and talk with the people you live with. They love you.
2. Learn about the Gilded Age. Check out my Turn of the Twentieth Century: Gilded Age page and Mr. Taft’s Intro to the Gilded Age. Complete the SketchNotes assigned by Mr. Taft; we’ll use them in English, too!
3. Do a little research on reputable sources about the following women.
- Emily Dickinson
- Charlotte Perkins Gilman
- Kate Chopin
- Ida B. Wells
- Frances Harper
- Pauline Hopkins
- Nellie Bly
Take a few notes on loose-leaf (maybe about five bullet points for each woman) about…
- what they did during the Turn of the Twentieth Century and/or the Gilded Age,
- their legacy,
- and their connection/relation to today.
Use the Turn of the Twentieth Century: The Voices of Women page to start!
4. Do some more NoRedInk. We’ll have an assessment soon.
5. Pick your Novels in Verse, make your locker poster (follow instructions on locker poster assignment sheet), and start reading!
6. Brush up on vocab lists #1-3. Begin studying list #4.