I’m sorry I’m not with you AGAIN today. I’ve caught the stomach bug that a lot of our classmates have had.
Here’s what I would like you to work on today.
1. Somewhere near my desk – I’m guessing on my desk after they were utilized yesterday – is a stack of copies of “The Pickets.” It’s a really cool short story about the Civil War. Please just read it – no annotations, notes, etc. I have a class set, so please should not write anything on the stories and give them back when you’re done reading. We’ll talk about it next class.
2. Start working on your 12-sentence paragraph about “Why Secede?”. Turn your outlines into a clear, concise, polished paragraph. You’ll find this assignment on Google Classroom.
3. You can also work on NHD.
4. Finally, if your guest teacher has the chance to make copies, you’ll receive a fill-in-the-blanks copy of the Gettysburg Address. Using the links below (the PDF of the Gettysburg Address), fill in the blanks. Please write very neatly; take your time to ensure your handwriting is legible. And then… start to MEMORIZE IT! Yes, we are memorizing the Gettysburg Address! Of course, if your guest teacher does not have the chance to make copies, don’t worry about this. We’ll get to it later this week.
- Click here for a printable PDF of the Gettysburg Address.
- Click here for a Quizlet someone created to help with memorizing the Gettysburg Address.
- Click here for the Gettysburg Address broken down into small portions to help with memorization.
Please use your time wisely. Feel free to email me questions, and I’ll do my best to reply.
Thanks, gang! 🙂