Here’s our new Vocabulary List!
Word Maps / Flashcards / Sketchnotes
Whatever format you choose to use, you must create handwritten word maps, flashcards, or sketchnotes that include:
- parts of speech
- synonyms and antonyms
- original sentences that shows you know what the word means and how to use it properly
- sketches that show the meaning in pictures, not words – the sketch must show meaning without the sentence next to it
Word Map / Flashcards / Sketchnotes Learning Targets:
- Determine and clarify a word’s meaning, including its definition(s), part(s) of speech, synonyms, and antonyms.
- Create an original sentence that shows I understand the word and can use it properly.
- Create a visual representation of the word that shows its meaning in pictures.
- Meet the expectations of the 8th grade Writing Specs.
Vocabulary List #3 Word Maps are due by Wednesday 11/14 for everyone.