For Wednesday 8/30 and Thursday 8/31, please bring at least one of your summer reading books from your checklist for English (not the book you read for History). If you don’t have the book, you can print out a copy of the cover or have the cover open on your laptop. Because we’re going to be moving around the room, it’d be easier for you to have the book or a printed copy of the cover.
You may also want to bring in a copy of the checklist with the books you read listed next to the items on the list. Please definitely do so if you read books for all 12 items! Woo hoo!
Summer Reading Speed Dating ~
Let’s make some love connections!
Homework: Summer Reading Book Ad Locker Poster
Create your #40BookChallenge reading list via GoogleClassroom.
UP FOR A CREATIVE CHALLENGE AND WANT TO IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF EVERYONE? CREATE A VIDEO LIKE THIS (OR EVEN BETTER THAN THIS!) FOR THE 40 BOOK CHALLENGE AT USM! USE HASHTAGS #USMREADS & #4OBOOKCHALLENGE IN YOUR VIDEO! I PROMISE THE TEACHING TWITTERVERSE WILL GO NUTS…
Just a few of many 40 Book Challenge Resources:
- 3 Steps to Reading Harder, Faster, Better, Stronger
- 2017 Best Fiction for Young Adults
- NYT Best Sellers Young Adult Hardcover
- 17 of the Most Exciting YA Books to Read in 2017
- The 17 Best Young Adult Novels of 2017
- 12 Best New YA Books of 2017
- Time Magazine’s THE 100 BEST YOUNG ADULT BOOKS OF ALL TIME
- 10 BookTubers I Love (And You Will, Too)
- 5 Independent Reading Apps and Websites (with a Bookmarking Tip!)
Our best resource? MRS. EPPELSHEIMER! Go see Eppie for the best personalized book suggestions! She’s magical.