“The Tell-Tale Heart” Writing Prompt
Criminal Minds: The Case of the Tell-Tale Heart
Learning Targets – I can…
- Comprehend and demonstrate my understanding of a text in writing and in class discussions.
- Find, use, and cite specific evidence and examples to support my ideas about a text.
Day One Directives (in class M 10/17):
- Find four destroyed journal entries and two secret messages on the walls — one message in Taft’s room, one in Doc’s.
- Know what the secret messages on the wall say!
- For each of the four journal entries, document the evidence by filling out an evidence form. At this point, you need to complete only:
- Submitting agent (your name)
- Submitting agency (your section)
- Description of evidence
Day Two Directives (in class T 10/18 or W 10/19):
- Finish filling out the evidence documentation, once you’ve been assigned a case number, know the victim’s and perp’s information, and so on.
- Complete an Interrogation Report.
- Which degree of homicide will you charge the perp with? Cite evidence to support which degree of homicide you want to charge him with.
- Answer the questions on the Criminal Minds: The Case of the Tell-Tale Heart assignment sheet in the “Narrative of Interrogation” section of the Interrogation Report.
- Submit your report and the case you’ve made to an Assistant District Attorney.
- If approved by the ADA, submit your report and case to District Attorney Walczak.
Is the perp lying?
Is the perp a psychopath or sociopath?
Playbuzz’s Can You Pass the Psychopath Test? — Answer the questions as the narrator of “The Tell-Tale Heart.”